KASA Smart: The Ultimate Buyers Guide
Read Time: 21 mins
ALL The TP-Link Lighting and Power Products Uncovered
Smart homes are the way forward and while some people have been quick to adapt to the changing nature of technology when it comes to controlling the functionality of your home, there have been others who need a push to move towards home automation. There are many questions that come to mind when you are considering this path. For example, is it really secure? What are the options in front of me when it comes to companies offering home automation products? Do I really need to switch over to smart lighting and power products or should I stick to the standard?
While a lot of these questions are actually based on your personal preferences – for example switching over to home automation – if you are looking to delve deeper into the smart products offered by one particular company, you have found yourself at the right place. Here, we will delve into greater details about TP-Link’s range of smart products called KASA Smart. After giving you a basic understanding of what the company is offering in terms of ideology and products, we will give you a roundup of all the popular products offered by the company and answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the KASA Smart range.
Kasa Smart — The Smart Home Brand from TP-Link
TP Link’s Kasa Smart is the company’s smart home brand that aims to automate your home in many different ways. Starting with the first smart plug manufactured by the company in 2015, it has risen to greater heights because of the emphasis that Kasa Smart lays on innovation and technology. The company produces a wide range of products – which will be discussed in greater detail later – including smart switches, smart lighting, smart plugs, security cameras, and even video doorbells, which are still in the works and going to be launched soon for consumers. In addition to all these physical products, Kasa Smart also has its own app so that you can control all the different devices from one place that is convenient and efficient.
While all the major products will be discussed in a greater deal at a later stage of this detailed overview, it is also important to get a better understanding of the company that is manufacturing the products and the main ideas that govern the process of innovation and technological advancement. As Kasa Smart diversifies into the production of a range of different smart home products, TP-Link’s overall experience has been an intrinsic part of the overall experience.
Originally founded in 1996 by brothers Zhao Jianjun and Zhao Jiaxing, TP-Link was an attempt to market a network card that was developed and produced by them. The “TP” comes from “twisted pair”, which was a type of cabling that was commonly used at that point. While the initial years showed quick progression towards success for the company, international expansion started close to 10 years later in 2005. The company established its grounds in the United States in 2008, rebranding itself in 2016 to showcase the “Reliably Smart” approach to keep up with the times and the demand for home automation technology.
Kasa Smart was originally TP-Link Research America, a think tank under the umbrella of the organization. This think tank was meant to deal with everything that was related to home automation or smart homes and slowly developed into the brand that we know today as Kasa Smart. Starting with just a single smart plug – that was mentioned earlier – today Kasa Smart is becoming a household name for those who have a special interest in smart homes. With over two decades of experience that TP-Link has in the field of Wi-Fi devices, smart homes look like the natural progression for a company that has combined creativity with technology.
All Products in the Range
Before moving on to individual reviews of some of the most popular smart home devices manufactured under the Kasa Smart range, it may be helpful to go through a list of the products that the company has to offer on its website. These range from smart switches to smart lights and smart plugs to cameras. There are also a number of new products that are going to be released soon, which have also been added to the list below:
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch Dimmer
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch 3 Way Kit
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch With Voice Assistant (Coming Soon)
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Outlet
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Mini Plug
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Outdoor Plug
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Bulb, Dimmable White
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Bulb, Tunable White
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Bulb, Multicolor
- Kasa Smart Wi-Fi LED Light Strip (Coming Soon)
- Kasa Smart Wire-Free Camera
- Kasa Spot
- Kasa Cam Outdoor
- Kasa Cam
- Kasa Smart Video Doorbell (Coming Soon)
- Kasa Smart App
While we will be going into more details about the light switches, plugs and lighting devices like bulbs, the cameras, and the soon-to-be-released doorbell will not be discussed during the course of this detailed overview. Keep reading to learn more!
TP-Link Smart Switch Review — Get to Know All the Kasa Smart Switches
TP-Link’s Kasa Smart range has many different products – most of which were mentioned before – but the most commonly discussed ones are the smart switches developed and manufactured by the company. If you are looking to switch out your regular method of turning your lights and fans on and off, this may be just the right option for you. The Kasa Smart switches come in many different variants, including a dimmer and a three-way option, for you to choose from. In addition to the ones already available for purchase, the company is also releasing a new light switch with voice assist that is expected to be out in the summer of 2019. Let’s delve into greater detail about each of these below!
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch Review
The first smart switch on this list is the single-pole version manufactured by Kasa Smart. This is the most basic option that the company offers you, which allows you to control the functionality of the switch even when you are sitting far away. All of this is possible through the Kasa Smart app, which first walks you through the steps of installing the switch in your house and then allows you to control it remotely. While you don’t need a hub to install these switches, you will need a neutral wire.
- Simple installation process
- No hub required for set up
- Neutral wire required
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice commands
- Kasa Smart app for seamless functioning
- Scheduling option to meet your routine requirements
- The product has been designed very well and it’s convenient as well as easy on the eyes.
- If you don’t like complications, this may be the best option for you because of how easy it is to set up and start using.
- There is a great app that can be linked to the switch for better control over turning it on and off.
- The switch is slightly larger than other similar products available in the market.
- While it is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, it is not compatible with Apple HomeKit.
Overall, this is a great light switch if you are looking to turn to home automation devices but don’t know where to start. It is very easy to install because of the guided installation and all you need to do after that is link it to the Kasa Smart app. From the app, you will be able to control the switch remotely, regardless of where you are physically. If this idea appeals to you, you can buy this switch here.
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch Dimmer Review
The second product on this list is very similar to the single switch discussed before, but with an additional – very helpful – feature. Not only can you turn your lights on and off with the help of this switch, but you can also use the dimming feature to set the right mood for whatever activity you have planned for the day or night. Again, the process of setting this switch up is fairly simple, so you don’t have to bother about bringing in an electrician if you follow directions well. More details about this dimmer are mentioned below.
- Option to dim lights according to needs
- Control remotely through Kasa Smart app
- Gentle off mode
- No hub required
- Set scenes and schedules
- Voice commands enabled through Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- This is a step up from the regular switch, as you can control the intensity of the light with this.
- The gentle off mode is a great addition, as it allows you to gradually move into darkness without any sudden changes to your surroundings.
- It is fairly easy to set up with the help of instructions that you can find on the Kasa Smart app.
- The light switch – like the one mentioned before – is quite large when compared to some other models in the category, which makes it look odd.
- There is no provision for operating on a multi-way circuit or hands-free control through the Apple HomeKit.
Overall, this light switch can be considered a step up from the single-pole one mentioned before as it also allows you to control the intensity of the light through the Kasa Smart app. The setting up process is simple and you won’t have to waste too much time figuring it all out. You can buy this dimmable light switch here.
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch 3-Way Kit Review
If you have walked down a dark stairway or hall to retrieve something you need in the middle of the night, you already know what a blessing three-way switches are. If you add the option of home automation to these three-way switches, you get the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi light switch three-way kit. These switches are very easy to install and control because of the Kasa Smart app (available for download on both Android and iOS platforms), which gives you step-by-step instructions for installation and later the option to control all the lights remotely.
- Three-way kits with two switches
- Remotely controlled through Kasa Smart app
- No hubs required
- Neutral wire required
- Activated voice controls through Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa
- Away mode to give you security when you aren’t home
- Grouping option to combine with other smart devices
- If you already use three-way kits for your stairwells or hallways, this product is great for people who want to automate their homes with minimal effort.
- The Away mode is helpful in securing your house when you are away, as the lights can be turned on and off at random intervals to make it look like someone is home.
- The installation process is very easy and once you have it up and running, you can control the switches from anywhere in the world.
- It is a little expensive as you are getting two switches as a part of the kit.
- As is the case with the other switches, it can seem a little bulky.
If you use three-way switches or are tempted to try them for some part of your house, this is a good buy. It gives you all the basic features that you need from a smart switch without breaking your bank. You can buy this product here.
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch With Voice Assistant — Coming in the Summer of 2019
If you aren’t satisfied with the features offered by the other light switches manufactured by TP-Link under its Kasa Smart range, this new Wi-Fi light switch with voice assistant may be the thing you need to change that. While this product isn’t available for purchase until later this year, it has all the features that make up a good smart switch and more, which may leave you tempted to change out all the switches of your house to this new one.
The biggest change in this product – when compared with other similar ones by the company – is the built-in voice assistant that it is advertised to come with. While it hasn’t been clearly stated whether it is going to be Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, there is speculation that it may be either of these. The voice assistant is going to be available through the switch’s own microphone and speaker, which can also be used to play music. The Wi-Fi light switch comes with an in-built night light as well as motion sensors that will switch the lights on and off after just sensing the presence of a person. Finally, the products can also be used as intercoms if you have installed more than one of these switches in your home!
TP-Link Smart Plug Review — Kasa Smart Plugs, Outlets and The Awesome Power Strip
While switches can be a little restrictive, as you can only use them to turn your lights on or off – or dim the lights, for that matter – smart plugs are a different game altogether. With the help of the many different smart plugs manufactured by Kasa Smart, you can remotely control when a device is turned on or off. The company has used technology in a way that you can simply plug in any device with the different smart plugs developed by TP-Link and control it from the Kasa Smart app on your smartphone or tablet. To learn more about the different plugs, outlets or power strip, keep reading!
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Outlet Review
The first product to be discussed under smart plugs isn’t really a plug at all – it is a power outlet. The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Outlet can be installed quite easily into the walls of your home and then be used to plug in whichever devices you want to control. With the help of the Kasa Smart app – which will be discussed in greater detail later – you can schedule the switching on and off of devices, set timings and even use the Away mode that turns devices on and off randomly when you are away from the house.
- Smart in-wall power outlet
- Easy installation
- Option to control remotely from Kasa Smart app
- Voice automation available with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- Set schedules for switching on and off according to convenience
- Away mode for security
- ETL Certified
- It is relatively affordable when it comes to power outlets.
- Once the initial setup is done, it is very easy to link the outlet to the Kasa Smart app or use voice commands through your Amazon Echo, Dot and so on, or Google Home devices.
- You can combine a number of different devices and control them as groups.
- This is an in-wall power outlet and not a plug, which means it needs to be installed using a higher degree of technical expertise.
- Despite the company’s claim that it is very easy to install, you should not undertake this exercise if you aren’t completely confident.
If you are looking for a relatively affordable power outlet that meets your home automation goals, purchasing the model KP200 by Kasa Smart is the logical step for you. Not only is this completely controlled through the app on your smartphone, but it is also compatible with some of the newer gadgets like Google Home so that you don’t even need to touch a screen to control whether the items plugged into the outlets are turned on or off. Buy this product here.
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Mini Plug Review
MODELS: HS105 / HS105KIT / HS107
There are many instances where installing a power outlet in the wall isn’t an option, for example when you are staying in a rental property. If you want to turn to home automation devices in such cases, we recommend that you opt for plugs like the Mini Plug offered by Kasa Smart. These plugs are very easy to use, as you just have to push them into any existing power outlet that you have in your house and link them to your Kasa Smart app. Keep reading for more details.
- Compact design
- Control using Kasa Smart app
- Option of voice automation through Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- No need for installation or hub
- Option to schedule switching on and off
- Group of devices allowed
- Do not be deterred by the “mini” in the name. This is a very powerful smart plug that can meet all your smart home needs with great ease.
- It is relatively inexpensive, giving you great value for the money you spend.
- The compact design is an asset, as it will not take too much space wherever you choose to plug it in.
- It can get a little difficult to see the status light on the device.
- It is very easy to activate the reset button by mistake.
If you cannot install the KP200 device mentioned above, this mini plug is the next best alternative for you. There is no stress of physical installation and you will be able to control all the devices through the Kasa Smart app on your Android or iOS devices. You can also use voice commands through Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. If you want to buy this device, click here.
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Review
As you may have noticed, three different models are mentioned under the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug. There is a good reason for that. Both HS100 and HS110 are very similar in terms of features and what on offer. If you are on a strict budget but want to try out home automation devices, the HS100KIT – which comes with two plugs – is a great option for you. What sets these plugs apart from a lot of similar products is that they also have power monitoring capabilities. Let’s learn more about the features, pros and cons of these devices.
- Energy monitoring with HS110
- No installation required
- Control through Kasa Smart app
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice automation
- Option to set schedules before time
- Away mode
- This is one of the most inexpensive smart plugs.
- The energy monitoring feature of HS110 is great for people who want to keep an eye on power consumption.
- It is very easy to link the devices to the Kasa Smart app and use on the go.
- The devices can seem a little bulky compared to the mini plugs.
- There can be some issues with connection in certain cases.
The HS100 and HS110 are both great options for people who don’t want to stretch their budget out too much. The inexpensive nature of these plugs does not take away from the quality of the product and they offer you a host of features that are at par with any other more expensive smart plug. If you want to buy this product, you can click here.
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip Review
After looking at some of the popular plugs manufactured by TP-Link under the Kasa Smart brand, let’s look at the smart power strip by Kasa Smart. One of the best options in the market if you are looking to purchase a power strip, the HS300 is beautifully designed and very easy to use. If you have multiple devices to be plugged in at once, the six different sockets on the power strip make your job so much easier. Let’s delve deeper into the features now.
- Six independently controlled outlets
- Energy monitoring for all devices plugged in
- Protection against power surges
- Controlled through Kasa Smart app
- Voice automation available
- Option to group different devices and control together
- Start guide included
- It is great when you want to use multiple devices at once.
- The energy monitoring capabilities are a welcome addition.
- It can protect your devices – especially the more sensitive ones – against power surges.
- It is quite expensive to buy.
- There is no compatibility with the Apple HomeKit currently.
If you have the money to spend on a good-quality power strip that can be controlled remotely through an app, this is one of the best options in front of you. The power strip is one of the best products manufactured under the Kasa Smart brand and once you purchase it, you will be able to tell why. Click here to buy the product.
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Outdoor Plug Review
Your home isn’t just limited to the area within the walls. It also extends to your backyard, front yard or any other open area that you may have around the house. A smart home is also not limited to the lights and appliances inside the house. With the help of the outdoor plugs manufactured by TP-Link, you can take the smart devices outside your house as well. The KP400 model has been specially designed to meet the needs of people who want an outdoors plug to control devices outside the house, for example, lights.
- Long Wi-Fi range
- Very easy setup process
- Controlled through Kasa Smart app
- Two outdoor devices controlled together or individually
- Ip64 rated and fire retardant
- ETL certified
- Grouping options
- Voice automation using Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa or Microsoft Cortana
- The company has taken great measures to ensure that the smart plug can weather many different changes in the weather.
- The long Wi-Fi range helps in ensuring that your smart products are always linked to a network.
- It is very easy to control two devices individually or together, as a unit.
- As it is going to be placed outside, you will have to take some additional measures.
- It is not a very cheap plug to purchase.
If you have a number of devices outside the house that you want to control through smart home products, this outdoor plug can prove to be a great purchase. All you need to do is click here to buy the KP400 by Kasa Smart.
TP-Link Smart Bulb Review — All the Kasa Smart Bulbs to Light up Your Life
One of the biggest innovations in the field of smart homes is the smart light. Kasa Smart has a long list of smart lights and bulbs that can be controlled remotely from your smartphone or tablet, allowing you to switch the lights on and off according to your convenience. Just turning them on and off are not your only options, you can dim the lights to set the right mood, tune them according to your needs or even change the color of the lights through Kasa’s smart bulb range. To get a deeper understanding of the different smart bulbs offered by Kasa Smart, keep reading!
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Bulb, Dimmable White Review
The KL series of smart light bulbs is the latest version that has been developed and manufactured to replace the LB series. This series includes three different light bulbs with almost the same external construction but some major differences in functionality. Before getting on to the tunable and multicolor bulbs, let’s start with KL 110, the basic dimmable Wi-Fi light bulb manufactured by the company. Here is an overview of its features, along with the pros and cons associated with buying the product.
- 800 lumens
- Energy monitoring
- Works on home Wi-Fi
- Option to dim the lights
- Ranges between 1% and 100%
- No hub required for setting up
- Control smart light through Kasa Smart app
- Voice control through Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- It is very easy to control the brightness of your lights through the Kasa Smart app once you have this light bulb installed in your house.
- While many such products need a hub to be set up, you don’t have to bother about such things with the Dimmable White bulb from Kasa Smart.
- This bulb gives you great value for your money, as it is one of the cheaper options available in the category.
- The features are quite basic and there is nothing really to write home about.
- There have been some complaints about the product losing connection to other devices and requiring a fresh set up.
Overall, this is a great product for those of you who want to switch out regular bulbs for smart ones without burning a huge hole in your pocket. Hard-tuned to a 2700K, this gives you a pleasant hue for times when you want some basic lighting but won’t be an ideal alternative for task lighting. With the quick set up process, it is difficult to go wrong with this product. You can buy it here.
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Bulb, Tunable White Review
This bulb looks just the same as the dimmable KL110 version of the smart bulb, but there are some significant differences between the two, especially in terms of color temperature. Unlike KL110 that had a color temperature of 2700K, which could not be adjusted to your needs, the KL120 has a wider range – from 2500K to 5000K – that allows you to set the mood of your room by sliding your finger across the screen on the Kasa Smart app.
- Tunable from a soft 2500K to bright 5000k
- No need for a hub
- Works in tandem with your home Wi-Fi
- Can be controlled from anywhere through the Kasa Smart app
- Voice control enabled with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Energy efficient
- Allows for the setting of schedules and scenes
- Unlike the KL110 variant, this is a tunable light bulb that allows you to change the brightness in the room in terms of color temperature.
- It is very easy to control the functionality of the light bulbs through your Kasa Smart app. All you need to do is slide your fingers to reach your ideal point.
- Like the other Kasa Smart light bulbs, you do not need a hub or any extra equipment to set up this product.
- The range of color temperatures is not wide enough, especially on the cooler side of the spectrum.
While this is a great product in terms of features, there are some limitations on the color ranges, which can be easily overcome by purchasing the next variant in the smart bulbs offered by Kasa Smart. Regardless, if you don’t want to spend too much and have a limited range that you can work with, you can buy this product here.
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Bulb, Multicolor Review
The last light bulb in this range to be discussed here is the multicolor variant or model KL130. This bulb gives you the option to choose between different colors or just white light, but with a much wider color temperature range. This means you can not only choose from a wide range of colors, but you can also pick the right color temperature in the 2500K to 9000K range for the best effect. Keep reading for more details about the features, pros and cons associated with the light bulbs.
- 2500K to 9000K range
- Wide range of colors to choose from
- Option to dim lights to desired levels
- No hub required for set up
- Can be controlled from anywhere through Kasa Smart app
- Voice commands available through Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Title 20 compliant
- Not only do you get to choose the color that you prefer, but you can also adjust the color temperature from a much wider range than even the KL120.
- While the main screen has a limited number of color options, you can gain access to a grid with 88 options by simply tapping on “More Colors”.
- The dynamic auto-white mode lets the bulb change color temperatures throughout the day without requiring a manual setup.
- The price is significantly higher than the other two models in the same category of light bulbs.
- The features may seem a little overwhelming for people who are new to the multicolor bulb hype.
Overall, the KL130 is the best option for people who really want to control the lights of their house in a way everything is customizable. The range of color temperature is very large so that you can get that soft light, as well as daylight effects by just sliding across the app. While the price may seem a little higher than the others, you really get what you pay for. You can buy this bulb here.
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi LED Light Strip – Coming Summer 2019
The latest innovation by Kasa Smart in the field of smart lights is the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi LED Light Strip that is expected to be launched in the summer this year. While there has been a lot of speculation over what the product is going to offer, there is very little clarity other than the fact that it is going to be a long, two-meter strip that eight different sections, all of which can be controlled independently. This means that you may be able to set all the different sections to different colors or brightness effects. If you choose to go for the four additional add-on sections that are available, this will work out to be a 10-meter long strip of LED lights that can be controlled from your smartphone or tablet.
As the product is yet to hit the market, the pricing has not been released at this point. However, it should be made available as we move closer to the launch of the product. With the help of the Kasa Smart app, you will be able to link all your other devices from the company to this light and even control them in groups instead of dealing with each of them separately.
The Kasa Smart App — Controlling All Your TP-Link Devices
At this point, you have gone through a large number of smart home products developed by Kasa Smart but what is that one factor that holds all of them together? The answer is fairly simple – how you control these devices from the palm of your hand. The Kasa Smart app is the key to controlling all your smart home products and it is very easy to use! All you need to do is download the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and link the devices to the app. You can also link a number of other platforms like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant to the app so that you can voice activate all your switches and plugs.
- Free app
- Available for download on Android and iOS devices
- Hands-free voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Consolidate devices in one place
- Option to set up schedules according to your routine
- Away mode for times when you aren’t home
- This is a free app, so you don’t have to worry about additional expenditure after purchasing Kasa Smart products.
- The Kasa Smart app has received outstanding reviews for both the Android and iOS versions of the app because of the ease of use that is associated with it.
- One of the biggest benefits of the app is that it lets you control all your Kasa Smart devices from one place.
- You cannot pick a specific level or percentage of brightness without having to go through a relatively complicated process.
- There is no option that allows you to set your lights to be switched on or off in accordance with the position of the sun.
If you have chosen Kasa Smart devices to automate your house, there is no way that you can escape the Kasa Smart app, but you don’t have to worry, as there is no reason for you to want that. The app is very easy to set up with the devices and the interface is also user friendly. This means you don’t have to bother yourself with too many different technicalities when everything you need is right in front of you.
Frequently Asked Questions
After going through the many different devices developed and manufactured under the Kasa Smart range in some detail, you will find yourself better equipped to pick the products that sit well with the setting of your house. There are, however, a number of questions that do arise in most people’s minds when they are considering their options for home automation. We are addressing some of these questions in the section below so that you can make a better-informed decision when it comes to switches, lighting and plugs.
- What is Kasa Smart?
Kasa Smart is the range of smart products manufactured by TP-Link after it announced a rebranding in 2016. This range includes a variety of smart switches, plugs and lighting options like bulbs, all of which can be controlled through the Kasa Smart app and help you automate your home quickly and efficiently.
- What devices work with Kasa?
You can control your Kasa products by downloading the Kasa Smart app that works with both Android and iOS devices, allowing you to turn them on and off with just a few taps on your smartphone or tablet screen. It can work with your Amazon products like the Echo, Dot and so on, as well as your Google Assistant.
- Is Kasa compatible with Google Home?
Yes, Kasa devices work with the Google Assistant. All you need to do is have the Kasa Smart app that gives you control over your devices through voice control. The process of connecting your Kasa Smart devices to Google Home is very simple once the basic setup is done.
- What does a TP-Link Smart Plug do?
The TP-Link Smart Plug is one of the many different products manufactured by the company. You can use this smart plug to plug in your lamps, fans or other devices so that they can be controlled remotely with the help of your phone. You also have the freedom to set up schedules and operate the device with voice control.
- Does Alexa work with TP-Link?
Yes, your TP-Link Kasa Smart devices are compatible with Amazon Alexa. This means that once you have set up the connection and linked your Kasa Smart products with your Amazon Echo, Dot or Tap, they can be automatically controlled through voice commands without having to use your hands.
- Does Kasa TP-Link work with Apple Homekit?
No, currently most Kasa Smart devices manufactured by TP-Link are not compatible with the Apple HomeKit. However, there has been speculation over newer innovations in the works that may be compatible with the Apple HomeKit.
The Kasa Smart range of smart home products is one of the many similar ranges that have been launched in the sphere over the past few years but what really sets it apart is the parent company behind the brand. TP-Link has years of experience in the realm of providing Wi-Fi services and the company has used this expertise to develop smart home products that can change the way you look at your lighting and fixtures. The devices are very easy to install into your home and once that is done, controlling them is even easier. The products are compatible with both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, but not Apple HomeKit, so that is a factor you must consider.
However, if you are looking for a good quality product that has been developed by industry experts after years of combining creativity with innovation, the Kasa Smart products will fit the bill for sure. You can choose between the different smart switches, smart plugs and smart light bulbs to figure out what combination of the products will be best suited to your home’s needs. Otherwise, you can also try to opt for one product, to begin with, and check out how it fares in your house before investing in multiple products. Overall, this can be a great purchase for those of you who have an interest in home automation!
Trending On Amazon
Find This Article Useful?
Share It On Social!