Giving your home an upgrade does not have to cost a fortune. If you’re on a budget, you may opt for a home improvement project that will not require you to spend a lot of money, or better yet, something that you can do by yourself. One of the home improvement tasks that you might want to consider is smart switch installation.
Aside from the fact that this innovative technology allows you to maintain the beauty of your home by setting your lighting according to your wants and needs, it also helps you monitor your lighting fixtures and control them to keep your property safe and secure.
Some brands of smart switches have built-in dimming capabilities while others have full-color touchscreen displays. Each brand is different so make sure you pay attention to the attributes of each brand so you will not end up buying something that does not match your needs.
Consider buying Lutron Caseta Wireless In-Wall Smart Dimmer Switch if you really want to boost the value of your home. This high quality and durable product was among the first smart switch brands in the market.
- Works with Amazon Alexa to support dimming through voice control (Smart Bridge required, Alexa device and Smart Bridge sold separately)
- Replaces an existing switch and installs in 3 steps in as little as 15 minutes; Ideal dimmer for all homes, as it does not require a neutral
Lutron Caseta Wireless In-Wall Smart Dimmer Switch Features
If you want a smart switch that works with any kind of light bulbs, the Lutron Caseta is your best option. Although other brands boast the same feature, Caseta has the capability to control even your oldest light bulb at home.
You can connect any size, shape, and style of light bulb to this innovative technology and you can expect a great result all the time. The product’s built-in dimming feature allows you to raise or lower the brightness of your lighting fixtures giving your home a more attractive look at any time of the day.
Caseta is also easy to use and works well with Amazon Alexa making it easier for you to control your home devices using voice commands.
So whether you are reclining on your sofa, holding pen and paper or typing on your computer, you can manage your smart switch app without hassle. Lutron Caseta is accessible via tablets, smartphones, and other certified remotes.
This smart home product is simple, classic, and elegant making it easier for you to match and install in any wall color or texture. The materials used in creating the product are durable so you can make sure that this smart switch will last for a long period of time.
The most important and definitely the best feature of this innovative technology is its capability to allow the homeowners to control their home fixtures wherever they are. This product can help you protect your home from possible electrical issues and provide the illusion people are home even when you are on holiday the other side of the World, keeping your property safe from thieves and burglars.
With this device, you can keep your home beautiful and secure in just a few clicks.
- Built-in dimming light function
- Easy to use and install
- Can be accessed remotely
- Allows you to set schedule
- Reliable voice control system
- Works with any kind of light bulb
- Does not require neutral wires
- Made from high-quality materials
- Requires hub connection and subscription
- No memory button
A beautiful home should also mean a safe and secure shelter for you and your loved ones. Luckily for us, it’s not difficult to have a safe and attractive home because there’s a lot of products on the market that allow us to keep our space well-maintained and secure at all times. A product like Lutron’s Caseta is proof we never have to sacrifice comfort for beauty.
This innovative device can make your home more elegant but above the aesthetic advantage it provides to our home’s interior, it also gives your home extra protection from the risk of fire or even from evil people who might want to take advantage of your property when you’re not around.
- ALEXA COMPATIBLE - REQUIRES AN ALEXA SUPPORTED HUB for voice control with Echo Products (Alexa device and hub sold separately). CANNOT connect directly with ECHO PLUS (Only ZigBee products can connect directly to Echo Plus).
- Requires a Z-Wave certified gateway. Compatible with the following Z-Wave certified Hubs: SmartThings, Wink, ADT Pulse, Trane, Vivint, Nexia, Honeywell, HomeSeer, Harmony Home Hub Extender, Vera, Connect and Iris. Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required; Alexa device and hub sold separately).
Compared to the GE Z-Wave Smart Switch, the Lutron is undeniably more expensive. But if you’ll look at the features and attributes of both products, you will easily notice that Lutron has great quality compared to GE.
The Caseta is also an established brand in the market so you can make sure that this product will satisfy your need for great smart switch benefits.
- ANNUNCIATOR: 7 individual RGB LED indicators may be programmed to glow or blink different colors when things happen in your home
- SCENE CONTROLLER: Support multi-tap and press & hold event triggers up to 5 taps (14 possible triggers)
HomeSeer, on the other hand, is a little bit cheaper but unlike Lutron, this product only works well with a limited number of light bulb types.
Between these two brands, Lutron is undoubtedly the best option if you’re looking for a high-quality smart switch.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves to work on your home improvement task, start with the installation of the Lutron Wireless In-Wall Smart Dimmer Switch.
This innovative device can help you adjust the lighting of your home making it easier for you to achieve an attractive abode any time.
The product also boasts quality and amazing features to give you peace of mind whenever you’re at work or even at a far holiday destination.
You really can’t go wrong!
Product data last updated 2018-07-17 at 23:39 via Amazon Product Advertising API
To help you make the right decision, we've put together the ultimate guide to the best smart light switches available. The resource is updated regularly to include all the latest models, detailed buyers guide and tips, tricks and troubleshooting advice.