Caseta Wireless Uncovered – Lutron Smart Home Range Reviewed
Read Time: 22 mins
The Ultimate Lutron Caseta Buyers Guide: From Switches to Plugs & Dimmers, Absolutely Everything You Need to Know Across The Entire Range Of Products
Lutron is a company that has been at the forefront of technological innovation in the world. The company began its journey in New York in the 1950s and was one of the first in its field to experiment with lighting control. The ease with which modern-day smart homes can dim their lighting is thanks to the decades of research that Lutron has put into this area. From a simple rotary dimmer, Lutron now has patents in light controls in practically every market in the world. As the market grows and technology becomes more advanced, the simple rotary dimmer, a Lutron invention that can still be found in many homes, has advanced into a truly smart lighting device. The following article will provide a description of the innovation the company has carried out in this regard.
What Is Lutron Caseta?
Caseta by Lutron Smart or Lutron Caseta is a line of smart devices and switches which is a market leader in providing homes with smart lighting and more. The Caseta range has smart switches and dimmers which can be installed in-wall and can also be controlled wirelessly. The Caseta switches make it possible for your home to be lit or cooled intelligently. For example, you can program the porch lights to come on at a certain time in the day. Enabling you to carry on with your day and not bother with smaller tasks like turning on the porch light when it gets dark outside. By pairing the switches with the Lutron Smart Bridge technology, you can even control the switches via the app on your phone. It can be controlled from anywhere in the world, forget anywhere in the room!
How Does Lutron Caseta Work?
Lutron Caseta offers switches and dimmers which make your home a smart home. These switches replace your existing switches or can be used in a three-way application by adding a Pico remote as the add-on switch. With the help of the free Lutron App on Android and iOS and the Lutron Smart Bridge technology, you can control the switches from your phone. You can customize programs so that the lights come on at a certain time in the day. You can also create your own scenes and have certain lights and devices coming on at the same time. This is especially convenient to create the ideal setting for a movie or a romantic evening indoors. With the Lutron Caseta, your home will be the intelligent abode you deserve!
Lutron Caseta Smart Switch and Dimmer Showdown
The following is a review of the Lutron Caseta Smart Switches and Smart Dimmers. These are in-wall switches and dimmers that can be used wirelessly when paired with the right technology. You can have great control over when the lights and fans in your home are turned on. You can also ensure your home is cool even before you enter it by turning on the cooling a few minutes before you return from work. You will get a clear sense of the products the Lutron Caseta line offers in the following section.
Lutron Caseta Smart Switch Review
The model being reviewed here is the Lutron Caseta Smart Switch Model PD-6ANS-WH. This is a smart switch that is compatible with all bulb types and fans. It also works with Amazon Alexa so you can control the light using voice control! It can be installed within minutes if you already have a neutral wire. The Lutron Caseta smart switch makes your life much easier and your home much smarter. It is ideal for lighting up your porch and gives you automatic control over lights and fans in your home. Even if you are away, the lights and fans can be controlled using the free Lutron app. The following are some of the features the Lutron Caseta Smart Switch has to offer:
- This is a wireless in-wall switch which is compatible with multiple load types.
- It works with up to 720 watts of incandescent, halogen, ELV and MLV lights.
- You can pair it with 6 amps of dimmable LED/CFL and 3.6 amps of general purpose fans.
- It has an operating voltage of 120 V~ 50/60 Hz and requires a neutral wire.
- It can be paired with a Pico remote control to control the lights and fans from a distance.
- It can also be used with an existing toggle switch if you are looking for a three-way application.
- Connects with several leading smart home brands, including Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, Sonos, etc. The Smart Bridge is required to connect with Alexa and a few other home assistants — sold separately.
- The free smartphone app for iOS and Android makes it much easier to use with a smart home device.
- You can customize your own conditions for the smart switch. For example, if the thermostat reaches a certain temperature, you can program the fan to come on automatically.
- The switch is ideal to use outdoors where you do not require dimming. You can also turn it on remotely thanks to the Pico remote.
- You can pair it with your existing toggle switch for a three-way application that can control the same set of lights.
- You can program the lights to come on at a certain time in the day so you never have to come home to a dark house.
- This is just a light ‘On/Off’ switch and not a dimmer.
- It can only be used with neutral wires so you may need to get some wiring changed in case you do not have the right provisions.
The Lutron Caseta Smart Switch makes life much easier. If you have the right wiring in your home (neutral), you can get the switches set up in no time. It works seamlessly with lights and fans in your home and allows you to program them to work according to your needs, so you do not have to get up to switch off the lights or fans each time you forget or would prefer a different setting. This is a good investment to make if you have neutral wires.
The product is available on Amazon.com.
Lutron Caseta Smart Dimmer Switch Review
The model being reviewed here is the Lutron Caseta Smart Dimmer Switch Model PD-6WCL-WH. One of the main differences, when compared to the previously reviewed smart switch, is that this dimmer switch can also work in a no-neutral wire installation. It works with a variety of different smart home devices that makes your life much easier. You can replace an existing switch within 15 minutes as the device does not require neutral wiring. It is compatible with over 1,000 different kinds of bulbs and can also be used with a Pico remote to make the whole experience much smoother. The following are some of the features the Lutron Caseta smart dimmer switch has to offer:
- The dimmer switch replaces existing switches and can be installed in as little as 15 minutes as it does not require a neutral wire.
- It can be used to control up to 17 bulbs per circuit, provided they are 8.5W LED bulbs or 60W incandescent equivalent.
- The dimmer switch has been tested with over 1,000 bulbs and can be paired with up to 150W dimmable LED/CFL or 600W incandescent/halogen bulbs.
- It can be paired with the Pico remote for enhanced convenience, which allows you to switch on, off or dim the lights sitting anywhere in your home.
- You can also invest in the Caseta Wall Mount Kit (sold separately) for multi-location application.
- Like the smart switch reviewed above, the dimmer connects with several leading smart home brands, like Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, Sonos, etc. The Smart Bridge is required to connect with Alexa, which needs to be purchased separately.
- By adding a Pico remote to the mix, you can control the switch from anywhere and make your home much smarter and more comfortable.
- For controlling the lights from multiple locations, you can simply remove the existing toggle switch you can use the Pico Wall Mount Kit over the backbox.
- The dimmer does not require neutral wiring so it can be installed with ease and within a few minutes.
- You can add a switch anywhere in your home by using the Pico Wall Mount Kit — no need to drill any holes or cutting into the wall to install switches.
- Some consumers were disappointed that the switch does not have a ‘last used’ memory.
- The dimmer is best used with the Pico remote, which needs to be purchased separately and is an added expense.
The two-wire non-neutral Caseta dimmers work with all incandescents/halogens (within the defined wattage limit) and are compatible with most LEDs. But they are not compatible with LEDs that have electronic low voltage (ELV). They are also not best suited for magnetic low voltage (MLV) lights. So if you want to use the dimmer switch with ELV or MLV loads, you will need the ELV dimmer. It would be a bad idea to mix different load types, regardless of whether the switch calls for a neutral or no-neutral installation. Even if they do work, the dimming will not be how you would expect it to be with a regular switch. So this is a great dimmer switch to install in your home as long as you are certain you will not be requiring ELV or MLV lights.
The switch is available on Amazon.com.
Lutron Caseta Smart Dimmer Switch For ELV+ Bulbs Review
The product being reviewed here is the Lutron Caseta Smart Dimmer Switch for ELVs and bulbs. The model in question is the PD-5NE-WH. To make it clearer, ELV stands for electronic low voltage. If you hear the terms “electric dimmers” or “trailing edge dimmers” in the market, they are also referring to an ELV bulb.
ELV refers to the method in which the dimmer manages to regulate an LED bulb’s brightness. ELV dimmers may not always be the go-to option, but when it comes to LEDs, an ELV dimmer will give you the best performance. They enhance an LED’s energy-saving abilities while also making it an efficient and functional light bulb.
Another big advantage that an ELV dimmer has is that it manages to regulate voltage influx and does not allow too much current into the circuit too quickly. You can say goodbye to any buzzing sound when you dim the lights and in every which way, an ELV dimmer is the better aesthetic choice for an LED bulb. Keeping these things in mind, let’s take a look at what the Lutron Caseta Smart Dimmer Switch for ELV + Bulbs has to offer:
- The dimmer switch can be paired with Amazon Alexa and several other smart home devices through voice control. Most of the devices require Smart Bridge, which needs to be bought separately.
- It replaces existing switches and can be installed in three simple steps.
- The switch has a neutral wire installation.
- The switch dimmer can control up to 29 bulbs in each circuit, provided the bulbs are 8.5W LED bulbs or 60W incandescent equivalent.
- It is compatible with up to 250W of dimmable LED/CFL and 500W incandescent/halogen bulb, or ELV or 400W MLV. A minimum 10W load is required.
- It can be used with the Pico remote for added convenience so you can turn the lights on or off or regulate the brightness while sitting comfortably on your sofa.
- Your home can have lighting for the right mood with just a single bulb and a dimmer switch.
- The Caseta Wall Mount Kit makes it easier for you to have a multi-location application. You also do not need to cut a hole in the wall to install new switches.
- The dimmer switch is compatible with many different smart home devices, making your life much easier.
- The ELV dimmer makes the LED bulbs you use a lot more energy efficient while also giving you an adequate amount of light.
- The dimmer switch can take the load of 29 different bulbs in one circuit (within wattage limit).
- It requires Smart Bridge to control it efficiently from the phone or to sync with other smart home devices.
- Some consumers complained of flickering lights.
This is an efficient and versatile dimmer switch which is ideal for an ELV setup. If you are using an LED bulb, an ELV dimmer is the best option for you to go with and the Lutron Caseta ELV dimmer switch provides a great option. You can connect it to up to 29 bulbs in one circuit and the energy efficiency of an LED bulb also increases manifold. It can also be used with a 250W of dimmable LED/CFL bulb, 500W incandescent/halogen bulb, or ELV or 400W MLV bulbs.
The product is available on Amazon.com.
Lutron Caseta Smart Lamp Dimmer Review
The product being reviewed next is the Lutron Caseta Smart Lamp Dimmer. The model in question is PD-3PCL-WH. Like many of the other Lutron Caseta products, this is compatible with Amazon Alexa and a few other smart home devices. It has been tested and is found to be compatible with a variety of different bulbs. You can also match it up with the Pico remote for enhanced convenience. The following are some of the features the product has to offer:
- The smart lamp dimmer is best used with LED bulbs and provides some of the best dimming performances with them.
- It can be paired with up to 100W of dimmable LED/CFL bulbs or 300W incandescent/halogen bulbs.
- The Lamp Dimmer can be plugged into any standard outlet and can be used with two lamps at once.
- It can be paired with a Pico remote to make the whole system a lot more convenient.
- It connects with most of the leading smart home systems, including Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, the Google Assistant, Nest, Serena shades, and Sonos. These smart devices require Smart Bridge (sold separately) to sync with the switch.
- The lamp dimmer can be used with two lamps at once and can be plugged into any standard outlet.
- The Pico remote (sold separately) can make the whole experience of a smartly lit home a lot more convenient.
- It is compatible with nearly all the leading smart home devices and can make your home truly smart through voice command.
- The lamp dimmer can get the best use out of an LED bulb. You will see the best dimming performance with an LED bulb.
- There is a slow dimming action before the lights finally go out.
- While the dimmer is meant to be used with an LED bulb, some users have complained of the light flickering when paired with the dimmer.
Overall, the lamp dimmer registers a great performance. It has several good qualities to write home about and provides a great LED performance (barring some exceptions in customer experience). The dimmer can be synced with two lamps at once and can be connected to any standard outlet, which means you do not need to carry out any extra electrical work. Throw in the Pico remote into the mix and you get smart home gold!
The product is available on Amazon.com.
Lutron Caseta Smart Fan Switch with Speed Control Review
The product being reviewed here is the Lutron Caseta Smart Fan Switch with Speed Control. The model in question is PD-FSQN-WH. This is a smart fan switch that gives you wireless control. You can control it through your phone or through the Fan Pico remote. It can be installed in as little as 15 minutes provided you have neutral wires. It can be used easily with smart home devices like Amazon Alexa. The following are some of the features the product has to offer:
- You can choose from four fan speeds and easily switch on and off the fan with ease.
- The switch can be paired with the Fan Pico remote for wireless control so you never have to get up from the comfort of your bed or couch to turn on or off the fan.
- The switch is compatible with up to 1. 5A single ceiling fans. It is meant for a single-pole fan only or you can add the Fan Pico remote for three-way control.
- If you have neutral wires, you can replace your existing switches within 15 minutes — the smart switch is that easy to install.
- Using the free Lutron app and the Smart Bridge feature, you can customize schedules with ease. The fan can be turned on before you come back home from work so the room is cool when you enter it.
- The smart switch connects easily with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Nest and more. You need to sync the smart home devices using Smart Bridge, which is sold separately.
- The smart fan switch is compatible with multiple smart home devices and can be controlled through the app on your phone and through voice command.
- You can pick from four fan speeds, apart from the simple on and off position of the fan.
- The fan switch can be installed within 15 minutes if you already have neutral wires at hand.
- With the Fan Pico remote (sold separately), you can make your home a truly smart one.
- Some customers found that the fan switch is not compatible with some of the most popular fan brands, like Hunter and Casablanca.
- It does not allow you to control light and fan simultaneously. It works only with the fan.
Despite some of the cons mentioned above, the Lutron Caseta Smart Fan Switch is a good buy if you are looking to make your home more efficient and comfortable. You can get quick and easy wireless control with the switch and if you add the Fan Pico remote to the mix, it makes controlling the electricals at home extremely convenient. The switch is also compatible with a variety of different smart home devices, so you can take your pick for the smart home system you would like to use.
The product is available on Amazon.com.
Pico Remotes — Everything You Need to Know
The Pico Remote is a reliable friend of the Lutron Caseta line. With the Pico Remote, you can get incredible wireless control of the devices and all you have to do is press one button. The Pico Remote also allows you to control multiple switches at the same time. You can have the lights and fans come on at the same time or customize your settings in a way that can pair multiple switches.
This is the model PJ2-3BRL-WH-L01R for the Pico remote. It provides wireless control of the Caseta fittings in-wall and the dimmers. You can turn the lights on or off, or adjust the brightness all from the comfort of wherever you are seated. It can be used as a handheld remote or can also be mounted on the wall. You can also turn on the lights from your car as you pull into the driveway after work.
- The Pico remote is suitable for controlling Caseta wireless dimmers and plug-in lamp dimmers (sold separately).
- You can turn the lights on or off, as well as adjust the brightness based on your own requirements.
- You can also invest in a coordinating tabletop pedestal or a wall plate (both sold separately) if you do not want to use it as a handheld remote.
- The lights can be adjusted from anywhere in the room or even from your car when you pull up into your driveway.
Two-Button Pico Remote
The two-button Pico remote is a convenient wireless device that allows you to control the wireless lighting and shading systems in your home. This is a battery-operated device that does not need external power and can function without a communication wire. You can establish communication with the wireless load control device by using the Lutron reliable Clear Connect RF technology.
- The remote has 10-year-long battery life.
- The device uses the Lutron Clear Connect RF technology to establish a reliable wireless communication.
- Can be easily reconfigured to be used as a handheld remote. You can also mount it on the wall, or use it as a table-top control.
- It has a two-button functionality.
- There are button markings for light ‘on’ and ‘off’.
Pico Remote for Fan Control
The Pico Remote for Fan Control is a one-touch control device for the Lutron Caseta Fan smart switches. This remote does not rely on a battery and allows you to control the speed of the fan from anywhere in your home. You can even turn the fan on from your car when you pull into the driveway so when you enter your home, a cool draft greets you.
- The remote has a one-touch control that makes it easy to control the Caseta Fan Speed from anywhere in your home.
- This is a wireless control that enables additional fan speed.
- There is also a “favorite” button that can recall your preferred fan speed.
- The device has 10-year-long battery life and does not require charging.
- It is available in white, ivory, light almond and black.
Pico Remote for Audio
The Pico Remote for Audio is for controlling any mode of Sonos speakers from anywhere in your house. This is a regular wireless remote which makes your viewing or listening experience much smoother as you can simply control the speakers while lifting nothing more than a finger. This device does not need to be recharged and can be used for 10 years straight without a battery change.
- The remote is ideal for controlling any Sonos speaker in your home wirelessly.
- You can play/pause the music, skip the track to the next one, regulate the volume and also skip to your favorite playlist, among other things.
- It requires Smart Bridge or Smart Bridge Pro to be able to sync to the speaker.
- It can be mounted on a wall or can be used on a tabletop pedestal if you do not want to use it as a handheld remote.
- It has 10-year-long battery life.
- The device is available in white and black.
The range of Pico remotes described above are some of the best wireless models that you can use to make your smart home even smarter. You can use the Pico wireless remotes to control the lights and fans, dim the lights to set the mood and turn on the speakers to make it the perfect setting for a movie marathon. If you have left the room but forgot to turn the lights off, you do not need to walk as far as the switchboard. With one press of a button, you can get the job done and carry on with your day. The Lutron Caseta switches and dimmers make your life much easier as it is, but the range of Pico remotes makes your home much smarter.
Controlling Caseta: Smart Bridge vs Smart Bridge Pro
The Lutron Smart Bridge is a way for the different Caseta range of switches in your home to communicate and work in tandem. It is the Lutron’s version of a smart hub which has been designed specifically for their switch range to coordinate and function beautifully. The Lutron Smart Bridge allows you to connect and sync your smart switches with a range of smart home devices like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, NEST, Serana and Sonos. The following is a short review of two versions of the technology — Smart Bridge and Smart Bridge Pro.
The Smart Bridge (Model: L-BDG2-WH) is a way to connect your Lutron Caseta Smart Switches to smart home devices like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, etc. It offers a Clear Connect Technology, that does not compete with other Wi-Fi connected devices. You can support up to 50 Caseta devices with the Smart Bridge, allowing you to customize your home and make it truly smart. The main difference between the Smart Bridge and the Smart Bridge Pro, however, are a few dollars and two features. While all the features between the Smart Bridge and Smart Bridge Pro are the same, the latter also supports Sivoia QS Triathlon and select Sivoia QS Wireless shades. It can also be integrated with select audio/visual and security systems. Whether you want to pay the extra money for these two features or not is up to you, but when used well, the two extra features can really elevate your home.
The following are the common features that both the technologies offer. Once the features have been mentioned, you can take a look at how the two extra features can be useful to you.
- It can support 50 wireless devices of the Lutron Caseta range.
- The device can be programmed via the Lutron App, which is available for free on iOS® and Android.
- You can activate scene control via the Lutron App.
- You can schedule daily events, like when the lights need to come on and off, via the Lutron App.
- It can be connected to the Wi-Fi router via Ethernet.
- The local device operation will still not be interrupted if the Internet connection is lost or even if the Smart Bridge/Smart Bridge PRO stops communicating for some reason.
- You can access the system from anywhere in the world using the Lutron App.
- The technology supports Caséta Wireless devices, Serena shades, and Pico remote controls.
- You can control devices outside the app using iOS and Android widgets.
- The technology enables geofencing from the Lutron App.
- It can be controlled from the Apple Watch.
- It supports Siri and Apple HomeKit technology.
Apart from these features that are common to both Smart Bridge and Smart Bridge Pro, the latter allows you to control a few more wireless devices, like the Lutron Triathlon shades and a select few styles of Sivoia QS Wireless shades.
The second feature allows you to control a security system and select A/V systems, like ELK, Alarm.com, Control4, RTI, PRO Control, BitWise Controls, Key Digital, Bang & Olufsen, Savant, URC, iRule and Crestron Electronics. If you already have one of these systems or are planning to get one of these, the Smart Bridge Pro is a better option for you as it can integrate with these systems and make your home smarter and more secure.
The Lutron Caseta App
The Lutron Caseta App is available for free on iOS and Android devices. It can be set up easily and allows you to control your Lutron Caseta devices and fittings wirelessly. It requires the Lutron Smart Bridge or Lutron Smart Bridge Pro. Once you have the right technology that allows different Lutron devices to communicate with each other, the Lutron App can be accessed through your phone, no matter where in the world you are. The system access also means you can control the Lutron fittings in your home even while you at work or away on a trip. So in case, you cannot remember if you turned off the lights before leaving for a week-long trip, you can simply turn to the Lutron Caseta App for support.
- You can control lights, shades, temperature, etc. of your home from anywhere in the world, thanks to the Lutron Caseta App.
- You can customize the light, fan and speaker settings in your home. The customization, set via the app, allows you to control multiple lights and fans with the touch of a single button.
- You can set schedules on a daily basis, so the lights, fans, cooling, etc. can come on a specified time every day without you even lifting a finger. For example, the light on your porch can come on automatically with dusk setting in.
- The app also offers geofencing which means you can automatically turn the lights on when you come home and automatically turn the lights off when you leave. You will receive a notification on your phone if the lights have been left on by accident.
- You can set the widgets you use the most on your screen so you do not need to launch the app each time you want to use a function.
- The app makes it much easier to control the Lutron fittings in your home wirelessly.
- The ability to schedule when the lights, cooling, etc. should come on makes it an effortless chore that you no longer need to take care of.
- You can access the Lutron fittings in your home from anywhere in the world.
- It requires you to buy either the Smart Bridge or the Smart Bridge Pro.
- Some customers complained that updates on the app often messes with the preset schedules.
The Lutron Caseta App is essential if you want to control your light, fan and audio fittings wirelessly. With the app, you can connect the switches to a range of different smart home systems. The app can make your home smarter and a lot more efficient.
Lutron Caseta Deals — Save Money with the Starter Kits
The Lutron Caseta starter and expansion kits are a way to use the whole range without feeling the lack of any of the tools. You get a whole set of tools that you will require to make your home smart. The following is a brief description of what these kits have to offer:
Lutron Starter Kit Deals
The Lutron Starter Kit Deals offer customers a way to enjoy the Lutron Caseta line with all the required tools to make it a smart device. The kits usually come with a remote, a wall plate and the Lutron Caseta devices.
Smart Start is a starter kit by Lutron which includes Smart Bridge, an in-wall dimmer a wall plate by Claro® and the Pico remote. The kit includes all the things you would require to enjoy your Lutron system to the fullest.
- The Smart Bridge connects with the Lutron App and smart home brands like Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, etc.
- You can select automatic, season-wise adjustments with the starter kit and app.
- The Pico remote allows you to control all the Lutron fittings in your home wirelessly.
- The Claro® wall plate allows you to mount the remote on the wall in case you do not want to use it as a handheld remote.
This starter kit comes with the Smart Bridge and Lutron App, with HomeKit technology. There are two in-wall light dimmers, two Lutron Claro® wallplates, two Pico® remotes and two Tabletop pedestals.
- You can control your old light bulbs as well as additional devices by using the free Lutron App on your phone.
- The Smart Bridge technology allows it to work with a range of smart home devices, like Amazon Alexa.
- The Pico remote makes it easy for you to control the switches wirelessly.
- The Pico wall plate allows you to mount the remote on the wall.
Plug & Play
This starter kit includes a Caseta wireless Smart Bridge, two Caseta wireless plug-in lamp dimmers, two Pico remote controls, and two single tabletop pedestals. You can add a switch anywhere by mounting the Pico remote controls on the wall. The tabletop pedestals also make it easy to mount the remotes if you do not want to use it as a handheld device.
- You can control the lights, shades and temperature of the room using the free Lutron app on your mobile device.
- The Smart Bridge technology allows you to sync your devices with several smart home systems, like Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, etc.
- You can enable geofencing to automatically switch on/off your lights when you are approaching or leaving from home.
- The dimmers can be plugged into any standard outlet and you can control up to two lamps with each dimmer.
Lutron Expansion Kit Deals
The Lutron Expansion Kit Deals are more limited in what they offer but are a way to continue using the Lutron Caseta line with satisfaction.
For Wired Switches
This kit is meant for hardwired lights and can give you the freedom of smart lighting without the Smart Bridge, though there may be some limitations. It can be installed in about 15 minutes and includes an in-wall light dimmer, a Lutron Claro® wallplate and a Pico remote.
- It takes 15 minutes to install and replaces your existing switch.
- It is a kit for hardwired lights.
- The kit can control up to 17 bulbs, provided they are 8.5W LED bulbs or 60W incandescent equivalent.
This kit is for plug-in lamps and offers smart lighting control even without Smart Bridge, though you would get more features with the Smart Bridge. The kit comes with a plug-in dimmer and a Pico remote.
- The dimmers can be plugged into a standard outlet.
- A single dimmer can control up to two lamps.
- The Pico remote makes it easy to control the lamp dimmers wirelessly.
These starter and expansion kits make it much easier and more convenient to use the Lutron Caseta range. The drawback for most of the switches and dimmers has been that you need to buy Smart Bridge and the Pico remote separately to get wireless use. However, with these starter kits and deals, everything you need is included and you do not have to worry about buying anything separately. You can avail these deals here.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the frequently asked questions before customers invest in a Lutron Caseta range.
Can Alexa Control Lutron Caseta?
Yes, the Lutron Caseta can be controlled by Amazon Alexa. You need to install Lutron Smart Bridge (sold separately) and the system can then be connected to Alexa through the free Lutron App.
Does Lutron Work with HomeKit?
Yes, Lutron works with Apple HomeKit. Again, you will need to install Lutron Smart Bridge (sold separately) and then download the free Lutron Smart Bridge on your iPhone. Then follow the required instructions to set up HomeKit.
Does SmartThings Work with Lutron?
Yes, Lutron works with SmartThings once you have Lutron Smart Bridge plugged into your router. You can connect a Lutron device to the SmartThings Classic App.
Does Caseta Work with Wink?
Yes, the entire line of Lutron Caseta works with and is compatible with Wink Hub 2. It is one of the only smart hubs which can control the Lutron switches indirectly.
Does Lutron Caseta Need a Neutral Wire?
Different lines of the Lutron Caseta have different requirements. Some smart switches require a neutral wire, while others do not. It depends on which Lutron Caseta product you are investing in.
Does Caseta Work in a 3-Way Switch Setup?
Yes, the Lutron Caseta can work in a three-way switch setup. You can add the Pico remote as the add-on switch.
Does Lutron Caseta Use Zigbee or Z-Wave?
Lutron Caseta products work on their own proprietary RF wireless protocol. The Caseta line does not rely on Wi-Fi, Zigbee or Z-Wave, which means that the Caseta smart devices do not interfere with any of your other devices.
With the Lutron Caseta line, including the Pico remotes and the Lutron App, you get an incredible combination of tools which make it easier to live everyday life more efficiently. No longer do you have turn back from the airport simply because you are not certain if you turned off the lights before a long trip away. You simply need to whip out your phone and turn off the smart switches through the app. You are also able to set incredible scenes and customize the lighting in your house the way you like. You never need to sit in darkness or it never has to be too bright when you only want to relax. The Smart Dimmer Switches allow you to regulate the brightness and set the perfect mood. The Smart Bridge also allows you to sync the switches with your preferred smart home service. So you can switch on/off your lights and do a lot more with a simple voice command. This is truly the intelligent way of living!
Trending On Amazon
Find This Article Useful?
Share It On Social!