Are you looking for the best smart light switch to automate your home lighting? Then the GE Z Wave Smart Lighting range should be on your shortlist.
Smart switches combine form and function, allowing homeowners to instantly switch on or off a lighting fixture or a fan using their mobile devices.
In just a few clicks, users can access and control their home fixtures with ease.
Many people transition from traditional lighting to a smart switch because it not only provides convenience, it also enables timed automations and helps with home security. And no matter where you are, the GE Smart Switch allows you to manage your home fixtures so you’ll feel more comfortable and worry-free when you go to work or on a well-deserved vacation.
If you’re planning to swap your old, traditional lamp to a smart switch with built-in WiFi, we’ll help you decide whether this product is a good option for you.
- ALEXA COMPATIBLE - REQUIRES AN ALEXA SUPPORTED HUB for voice control with Echo Products (Alexa device and hub sold separately). CANNOT connect directly with ECHO PLUS (Only ZigBee products can connect directly to Echo Plus). Wireless Range : Up to 150 feet
- Requires a Z-Wave certified gateway. Compatible with the following Z-Wave certified Hubs: SmartThings, Wink, ADT Pulse, Trane, Vivint, Nexia, Honeywell, HomeSeer, Harmony Home Hub Extender, Vera, Connect and Iris. Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required; Alexa device and hub sold separately).
GE Smart Switch Features
GE Z-Wave Smart Lighting is easy to use and install.
This innovative technology can easily transform any home interior into an elegant space with its simple and classic design, making it easy to blend with any wall color or texture.
The product also works with all kinds of bulbs so you won’t have to worry about buying new ones to ensure compatibility – from fluorescent to halogen lighting, the GE Z-Wave works with them all.
This high-tech product can even control multiple lights at the same time making it easier for you to manage several home lighting fixtures quickly.
This smart switch brand also gives homeowners the freedom to set a specific schedule for turning the fixtures on and off. This feature allows you to customize your settings so you won’t have to keep on accessing your app over and over again.
Moreover, this function will help you if you want your porch light to switch on when it gets dark and switch off during sunrise. You can even have your ceiling fan turn on as you arrive home each night.
The GE Z-Wave has a voice control system to help you access your home network using voice commands. You can manage your home fixtures even if your hands are full – simply assign a name to each fixture and use voice commands every time you need to control them.
This product plays well with various certified hubs such as Pulse, Wink, Nexia, SmartThings, Vera, HomeSeer, and Smart Security. And its voice control system works perfectly with various Amazon Alexa devices.
- Easy installation
- Remote access
- Hardwired connections for premium security
- Works with all kinds of bulbs
- Allows customized schedule
- Accessible through smartphones, tablets, PCs, and Z-wave enabled remotes
- Available in white and light almond colors
- Requires subscription and hub certification
- Pricey compared to other smart switch brands
Isn’t it awesome to have the power to turn on and off your home lighting fixtures, fans, and even appliances without actually touching them? That is what exactly this smart switch provides.
The most amazing part is you don’t have to be at home to manage your home devices. You can control them no matter where in the world you are.
This wonderful innovation is not only amazing for the convenience it brings but also for the safety and security that it provides.
With this technology, you do not have to worry when away from your home anymore because you can instantly monitor if there’s any light or appliance left on.
You might want to look at other products first before you purchase GE Z-Wave. We will compare this product to other competitors in the market to give you a better view of its features and attributes.
- Wireless Z-wave Wall Dimmer Switch
- Z-wave & Manual Control For Connected Lights
The GoControl by Linear is relatively cheap compared to GE Z-Wave; however, this product is not advisable for homeowners who would like to manage multiple home fixtures in just one smart switch as there is a risk of overheating when you go beyond the recommended number of fixtures to integrate.
- Instantly Snaps Over Your Existing Light Switches: No tools or wiring
- Built In Voice Commands: Turn Lights On/Off Through Your Voice - Ready out of box & no voice hub required
The Switchmate Snap-on is worth considering if you’re in rented accommodation and not able to make structural changes to the building, but still want the convenience of a smart switch. It’s also a little bit cheaper, but as expected not as reliable as GE Z-Wave when it comes to home fixture management.
It only works on Bluetooth and not on WiFi, so this product can only be used if you’re inside the house.
There is no denying that the GE Z-Wave Wireless Smart Lighting Control Smart Switch is a complete package for those who want to keep their property secure but do not mind spending an extra few bucks.
This product is not as affordable as the other smart switch brands in the market, but it definitely provides premium quality for a high-end installation that you will not find with many other competitors.
Product data last updated 2018-11-15 at 21:49 via Amazon Product Advertising API