Having pets at home is fun and enjoyable!
They are part of the family and great company, this also means that you have to deal with cleaning up after them on a daily basis.
One common problem that pet owners face is having to clean pet hairs that get, well EVERYWHERE!
Pet hairs can be very difficult to remove from floors, especially on carpets and upholstery. They also build up quickly – this is why keeping on top of mess left by your furry friend needs to be a top priority.
One of the best ways to get rid of pet hairs is by having a cordless vacuum that can effectively remove pet hair from all types of surfaces.
In this article, we’re looking at options including two of the best cordless vacuums for pet hair, and a wildcard cordless combo that you may not yet have come across…
What are Cordless Vacuums for Pet Hairs?
Cordless vacuums for pet hairs are a must-have for every pet owner especially if your pets tend to shed a lot of fur.
Since pet hairs stick to almost any type of surface, they can attract dirt, bacteria, dust, and germs if they are left for a long period of time.
If you have children at home as well, it is important that you keep your home free from pet hairs to prevent your kids from getting allergies related to pet hairs.
The biggest challenge when it comes to removing pet hairs is that they can be stubborn to remove from upholsteries, rugs, and carpets. This is why cordless vacuums for pet hairs that are made to especially lift hair from any type of surface will let you get your cleaning done faster—and easier.
They are specially designed to lift hair faster and attract them into the vacuum nozzle to save you the time and energy from scraping them off your furniture and carpets on your own.
Best Cordless Vacuums for Pet Hairs to Choose From
Finding the right cordless vacuum for pet hair is not just about finding one that can effectively remove pet hair from carpets.
Pets often have a favourite spot or an area that is awkward to get at and because of this getting a traditional vacuum in the tight space can be almost impossible.
Another thing to think about is the filtration system on the machine and whether you want a cleaner just for specific spots, or one for pets and the whole house.
With these requirements in mind, we’ve come up with a shortlist of the best cordless vacuums for pet hairs at different price points that you can choose from:
MOST COST EFFECTIVE:
BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH MAX Lithium Flex Vacuum with Stick Vacuum Floor Head and Pet Hair Brush
- Cordless, Portable & Ultra compact ,Dustbowl Capacity - 18.9 ounce
- 4ft Flexible Hose Easily Reaches Tight Spots, High Shelves & More
A great cordless vacuum that comes with multiple accessories to let you clean all types of surfaces.
You can use the pet hair brush extension, flip-up dusting brush, stick vacuum extension, and crevice tool attachment interchangeably to fit whatever type of cleaning you need to do around the house.
The pet hair brush attachment claims to effectively lift up and remove stubborn pet hairs from all types of surfaces, including sofas, bed, and your car’s seats. This pet hair brush is also rubberized to attract pet hair better for a more efficient cleaning.
- Features a Lithium technology that provides a strong and steady suction power
- Has a 3 stage filtration feature that effectively sucks up dirt and keeps it trapped inside—away from the exhaust
- Portable and easy to carry around from room to room and upstairs
- Comes with a pet hair brush and stick vacuum extension, a flip-up dusting brush, and a crevice tool attachment to let you clean whatever type of surface
- Has a 3-stage filter system feature that traps dirt and dust inside
- Helps you clean all surfaces from your floor to your ceiling because of its fully extendable hose and stick attachments
- The stick attachment features a pivoting floor head for easier maneuverability when cleaning in between furniture
- Comes with a pet brush attachment that is fully rubberized and lets you pick up hairs and furs from all types of surfaces faster and easier
- Has a fully removable and washable filter and dust bowl for better maintenance
- Comes with a charging station and tool storage compartment
- Dimensions: 14.4 x 10.7 x 6.5 inches
- Weight: 6.8 pounds
- Does not include a wider head attachment
- Does not provide a very strong suction power
HIGH END OPTION:
Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal
- The most powerful suction of any cord-free vacuum. Tested to ASTM F558, against cord-free stick market
- Up to 60 minutes' run time when using a non-motorized tool , Voltage - 21.6 Volts
At the other end of the price range and fairly new to the market, the Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal is a great machine and future-proof investment.
Like the previous models, it is packed with features and innovations which make it super effective and means you can easily use this one machine as the vacuum for the whole of your home.
- Powered by the Dyson V10 digital motor – offering the most powerful suction of any cordless vacuum according to market testing
- The smallest, lightest but strongest motor Dyson has produced
- Three power modes puts you in control of power when you need it most
- Patented Cyclone technology with 14 cyclones to fling even the smallest particles of dirt into the vacuum’s bin
- Fully sealed filtration system to trap even the smallest particles and expel fresh air
- Acoustic engineering to absorb vibration and dampen sound
- Hygienic ‘point and shoot’ simple emptying of the bin to prevent dust spreading
- A tool set to ensure a total house clean and easy conversion to a hand held cleaner
- Longer fade free suction time in the batteries – depending on the power mode of operation
- Sleek and lightweight
- A reputable and trustworthy brand
- Cordless hence hassle free
- Easy drop in docking to the wall mounted dock to recharge and store tidily, all ready to go next time
- Changes to a handheld cleaner in a single click
- The motor, bin and cyclone are aligned, so air is drawn into the cyclones in a straight line – creating 20% more suction power than the Dyson V8™ vacuum cleaner
- Range of tools such as crevice and soft brush attachments for cleaning all areas of the home
- Edge-to-edge cleaning
- 2-year warranty
- Cannot purchase spare batteries
- You have to hold down the switch all the time whilst using the cleaner
BISSELL Bolt Pet Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner + Bissell Pet Stain Eraser Cordless Portable Carpet Cleaner
- Make pet cleanup easy with powerful, cordless suction and tools designed for pet parents
- Provides powerful, long-lasting suction for up to 25 minutes with lithium Ion technology
- Buy Bissell, save pets. Up to $10 donated to the Bissell pet foundation for every pet product purchase
- Spray, scrub, and suction to remove pet stains and messes from carpet, upholstery, stairs, area rugs, auto interiors, and more.Cleaning Path Width: 3 inches
This Bissell combo is a great addition to any home especially considering you can deal with any ‘little accidents’ your pet may have – wet or dry 🙂
Since they are both handheld and cordless, you can easily use them anywhere you need to clean including the interior of your car. This handheld combo can last up to 25 minutes of continuous use.
The other attractive thing about this combo is you have two dedicated devices specifically for dealing with pet hair, dirt and mess, leaving your household vacuum to do that job only. And of course with the Bissell Pet Stain Eraser you can also deal with any drink/spillages you might make too!
Which is the Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hairs?
These cordless vacuums for pet hairs are ranked as effective in removing pet hairs from various types of surfaces.
Having them around the house will ensure that you can clean your home and get rid of pet hair in a shorter amount of time.
The suction power and pet hair brush attachments that come along with these cordless vacuums make removing pet hairs from carpets and upholstery better and faster.
All three of these cordless vacuums are effective in lifting and getting rid of pet hairs from various types of surfaces at home and they each stand out for different reasons.
The Bissell combo including the handheld vacuum and the cordless stain eraser stands out among the two other options mainly because it offers better portability, dedicated devices for the job at hand and is good value for the price. However it is not for cleaning the whole house.
The Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Cord Free Vacuum is at the other end of the market and is expensive, but it has additional benefit for cleaning the whole house as well as converting to a hand held machine – it is the only vacuum you will need in the home.
There is a reason why the new Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Cord Free Vacuum like its predecessor is on the way to the best seller charts even though it is new in the market. The reason is that it’s effective on all counts. This vacuum cleaner has already gathered accolades from users all over the globe, like the previous Dyson models. There are other stick and cordless vacuums that focus on pet hair, but the Dyson performed better in the tests.
Everything about it points to a very convenient and effective vacuum cleaner for home owners with pets, with all the components very easy to change and clean. There are no screws to undo in order to clean your appliance.
Give it a chance if you want an effective and convenient vacuum cleaner for enjoying your pets without the worry of pet hair in your home.
Product data last updated 2019-01-19 at 00:00 via Amazon Product Advertising API
To help you make the right decision, we've put together the ultimate guide for cordless vacuum buyers available. The resource is updated regularly to include all the latest models, detailed buyers guide and tips, tricks and troubleshooting advice.